My blog about my hobby, card modeling.
If you're into this kind of hobby, feel free to look around.
My card model interest focuses mainly on Axis WW2 aircraft, Luft'46 models in particular.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Heinkel HE P.1078B - part 8
After making the wings, the next step would be to work on the center fuselage.
No nasty surprises here. However, since I used a whole lot more of segments (faces) for this model compared to my last ones, the glue tabs that Pepakura generated were almost as small as the tines of a comb. :D
This made cutting out the parts a real chore.
But surprisingly, those small glue tabs had a very nice side effect. They soak up glue like crazy. It made it really easy to join the pieces together.
Here's how the center fuselage looks like:
Actually, I had a slight problem assembling the exhaust. The opening of the fuselage was too big. I had to pad the exhaust cylinder with two rolls of paper to make it fit properly. I'll have to look into this further. In my Metaseq wireframe, the exhaust and fuselage are joined together in one object. SO, in theory, pepakura should produce a good fit. I'm hoping I made an error in assembling this. I'd hate it if it was a bug in either metaseq or pepakura.
I'm now dry fitting the wings to the fuselage.
Fits perfectly! :D
The gaping holes on the side of the fuselage will be covered once I assemble and fit in the left and right pods.