The first ME P.1106R rolls out of the production lines!
I actually finished building this last night, but I waited till morning to take photos under natural light.
I also experimented a bit with the wing farings. On the left side, you'll see the wing farings fairly flush with the fuselage. On the right, bulky. I had a hard time assembling the left side wing farings. So for the right side farings - I used joining strips. Assembly was far easier, but it left really ugly gaps caused by the added bulk of the joining strips. I guess wing farings aren't meant to have joining strips. :)
- There was some fitting problems with the fuselage formers. I made two sizes of fuselage formers. And unfortunately, one set was too big, while the other set was too small! I made a third set which is roughly mid way between the first two sets. They should be just right. :)
- Those wings and tail fins were just too thin for formers. I eventually ditched the wing and tail formers.
- Arguably the hardest part of the model were the rear wheel wells. I have to find a way to design fuselage wheel wells that are easier to build. :(
- Make two extra sets of tail fins - one with the Hakenkreuz on both sides, and one with out any Hakenkreuz.
- Re-layout in Pepakura and make PDF.
- Come up with some quick diagrams for building.