My blog about my hobby, card modeling.
If you're into this kind of hobby, feel free to look around.
My card model interest focuses mainly on Axis WW2 aircraft, Luft'46 models in particular.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Heinkel HE P.1078B - part 3
Let's rewind a bit.... I'll show how I made the fuselage.
I wanted to experiment with the Spline / Catmull patch function of Metaseq, and got mixed results.
I starte by 'trying' to make the fuselage this way:
After many attempts, I couldn't get anything close to what was illustrated in the 3-view design over at Luft'46.
I finally gave up on the Spline/Catmull idea and used a traditional approach:
As seen on the image above, I started by making the engine housing, which will also comprise the centerline of the fuselage.
Not wanting to give up on the Spline/Catmull concept, I tried it again, this time on the wings. And surprisingly, it turned out pretty well! Once satisfied with the general shape of the wings, I converted the Spline/Catmull patch into a wireframe. I then did some minor adjustments, aligned some vertices, and folded down the wingtips.
Voila! Instant wings!
Pilot / Gun pod creation was also standard fare:
Note that I only had to create the left pod. I then told Metaseq to mirror the object along the Z axis.
Putting it all together brings us to the image I had in my first blog entry: