Hmm...something's gone wrong. The pictures are gone. I think I may have overdone my G+ Photo Album maintenance. I'll fix these as soon as I can.
Alpha Build Started!
Oh boy. It's been more than a year since I've unceremoniously stopped working on this. When I re-opened my metaseq work files, it took a while to get re-acquainted with the stuff I've left behind.
So now, I'm at this point where I need to design the spinner shafts (because I want the propellers to spin), the landing gears and the weapons (I'm planning to place a couple of guns on the wing roots, and a couple of ordinance pods).
But before I dive into that, I'd like to stop first and check if the model is buildable! :)
So I fired up pepakura and did an unfold of the fuselage and the formers.
I am not particularly fond of designing formers. It's hard to guestimate the correct size of the formers. Often times, the formers will turn out too big or too small.
Another thing I dislike doing is making joining strips.
So I decided to do a bit of an experiment by combining two chores into one-- former+joining strips.
Unfortunately, I lost the pictures for this one. Maybe when I get back to this project, I can post new ones.
Skinning the Structure
With the formers/joining strip structure assembled, the next step would be to wrap the fuselage skin around it.
The initial wrapping process was very tedious because the former/joining strip structure was not rigid.
But as I finished assembling more of the fuselage components, it became a lot easier.