I can't believe how slow my progress is! I must pick up the pace one way or another...
Anyway, here's what I have so far.
First, the nacelle at the wing tips.
If you recall from my previous post, the nacelle was a bit 'fat'. In fact, it looked more like a fuel tank! According to the 3-view diagrams over at the Luft'46 site, the nacelle should have been 'flush' with the wing tip.
And so I labored for many hours trying to find the best way to make the nacelle fit the open edge of the wing tip.
And here's what I got:
Now my problem is that the nacelles are a bit on the narrow side. Almost like landing gear struts. If this ends up being hard to assemble, I may bump up the scale to 1:32. For now, I'm sticking with 1:48.
Next, I spent the rest of the weekend making the formers:
Boy... I guess my high school trigonometry class had some use after all! Hehehehe.