Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blohm und Voss P.212.02 - part 01

For my next design, I decided to take it easy and tackle something a little bit simpler.  Or so I thought...

I chose to create the Blohm und Voss P.212.02 fighter jet.  The P.212.02 is the second of three proposals that the engineers at Blohm und Voss submitted to the RLM as a candidate for the emergency fighter program.  

This aircraft was to have been powered by the Heinkel HeS-011 jet engine, which would have propelled it to an estimated speed of 1,030 km/h (NOTE: I have no idea how they calculated this....).  It would have been armed with three Mk108 30mm canons.

For those of you who played IL2-1946, you probably know how much carnage a well placed 30mm round can do to a B17....  imagine a trio of these.

Here are some screen shots of the initial wireframes:




As with my previous models, I will stick to my scale of 1:48.  I also plan to do the wheel wells as well as the landing gears.  Unfortunatley, I'll still be staying away from doing the cockpit for now. :)

I'm also going to stick with Metasequoia as my modeling tool.  Textures will be done using Inkscape.  Unrolling will be via Pepakura.

As always, my main reference will be the Luft46 site.  I also purchased an e-copy of Reichdreams Dossier #15 which also has a lot of data on the BV P.212.02.

No comments: